Dear Family and Friends,
Before choir, I really didn't want to go, even though it was
mandatory. But once I entered the auditorium, I have an impression or
thought not to join the bass section, like I normally do. I was like,
"ok, whatever, I'll try that." About ten minutes after choir started, I
was like, Ok why am I singing melody when I could be singing bass,
which is more fun. Then a few minutes later, and elder walked in late
and sat next to me. We ended up talking a lot in portugugese, had a
conversation, and I found out that Braxton Winterton baptized him! His
name is Alex Godoy, and he is from Ponta Grossa, Brazil, kind of near
Curitchiba, I guess, since that's where Braxton went. He is also going
to Maceio, and he leaves for the field in just over a week from now.
This was really cool, you should tell Braxton about it, and let him know
that Elder Godoy is a great guy, and he's awesome.
The Sao Paulo temple was awesome! I don't think I told about it
last time, but maybe I did. Anyways, It was really beautiful. We get
to go every Tuessday morning at the 8am session.
Last p-day, we went to Mr. Cheney's and got our free cookie, which
was, of course, great. Also got our smurf dot off! :) Also went to
sonha's, a little store where they sell random stuff and souveneiry
stuff, the paper store, and the brazilian candy store, which, was
awesome.
Food- Every breakfast is ham and cheeze sandwiches, except for two
times, when we've had Frosted Flakes and Chocolate Frosted Flakes.
Every other meal is usually rice and beans, strange fruits and veggies,
some dessert, which is usually either flavored whipped cream or flavored
sponge, and some kind of meats. Pretty dang good food here right now.
The exercise here is pretty sweet, we play basketball as a district
and have 2on2 tournaments, which are also fun. We can run around a
tiny track too, which is of course good, since we're going to be walking
14 miles each day in Maceio.
Its great
to have Sundays and Tuesdays, the days we all look forward to here.
We're always exhausted, and get to take naps on Sundays. Next week, or maybe today, we're gonna hit up a
Churrascaria (Spelling?). Its a rodizio, or Tocanos type place.
Basically other than that, this week was spent in a tiny 10x15
room, where we studied by ourselves and taught ourselves portuguese. We
also taught our fake investigators, our 2 teachers, a few times. Our
teachers are Paizou Victor (Big Daddy Victor), and Irma De Paula (Sister
De Paula)
My MTC Address:
Elder Jordan Coon
Box #9 District #28-C Brazil MTC
Maceio Brazil Mission
Rua Padre Antonio DAngelo, 121
Casa Verde, Sao Paul, SP
Brazil 02516-040
I really would LOVE to hear from
all of you! My MTC address is going to be posted on the blog,
Facebook, and such. Anybody can also email me, at jordan.coon@myldsmail.net,
and I can send you a letter back, as long as I have your email address,
or street address. Hand written letters are also AWESOME, and
preferred. Haha we check mail here every day, and it has kinda turned
into a ritual, and getting mail is the greatest feeling in the world.
Getting mail here is like getting money handed to us here in the MTC.
Haha somebody tell me about the Dark Knight Rises :) Not the plot
line, just if it was worth all the hype, since nobody here has any idea
about it.
I love you all! Ate proxima semana!
Com Amor,
Elder Coon
No comments:
Post a Comment