Well, this will be my final email from the Brazil CTM!!! I leave on Tuesday,
and I've never been so excited for anything in my entire life. I think
this past week was, literally, the greatest week here in the CTM, and
possibly the best in my whole life, in general. Actually, now that I
think about it, its only been amazing since Friday. Before Friday, we
just about only studied all day, and nothing big really happened worth
writing about.
Friday- We had TRC, and we were investigators, or as we call them,
pesquisadores, which was fun to do, again, of course! This week, we had
Elder Oaks, who is actually Dallin H. Oaks's grandson, and he looks
like a mini Conan O'Brian. He's an awesome and funny guy, he'll be a
fantastic missionary. We also had cereal that morning, which is always a
plus! :) That day was the second to last time that it'll be August as a
missionary, which is crazy to think about, only one more August as a
missionary...
Saturday- We talked to our gym instructor more about Maceio, since
he went there on his mission, and also President Degn, who served there a
little bit. We found out that its pretty hilly, and beautiful. Also,
if I ever serve in the city of Maceio, I will want to be kinda careful
of where I go, since there are 2 rival gangs that go at it all day,
every day. Other than that, I can't wait to go! I'm honestly getting a
little bit trunky here in the CTM, and in less than 1 week, I'll be on a
plane to Maceio!!!!
Sunday- It was fast sunday, and
surprisingly, I wasn't even very hungry. It was pretty sweet. We also
had testimony meeting, which was the 1st place I've ever cried as a
missionary! During the testimonies, the spirit was so strong, and while
I was sitting there listening, I couldn't help but have a tear come
out. I think that's the first time that's ever happened to me, and it
was pretty strong. Also realized we are now 1/10 done with our mission
today!
Monday- PROSELITISMO!!! We proselited for 4 hours on Monday,
and it was the greatest expereince of my life! We handed out our 5
Livros de Mormon within like 30 minutes, and talked with people about
the gospel. It was fantastic, I can't even describe in words how it
was. One specific experience- we were walking down a street, and E.
Kleinman felt that we needed to talk to this lady that we saw walking on
the other side of the street, and I felt the same way. So, we ran
across the street, and kinda tracked her down. Then, we talked to her,
and walked with her for about 30 minutes or so, talking with her about
the Livro de Mormon and about the church. She was grateful that we
talked to her, we gave her a Livro de Mormon, and she thought we were
amazing Americans, and really beautiful, so she said goodbye with a hug,
and then she tried to lean up to kiss us on the neck. She said she'd
read the LDM and go to church on Sunday, too. We also got 4 others to
do the same. I can't wait until we get to Maceio and we can do that all
the time, it was great fun. We only got rejected about 3 times, and it
was just a hand over their face, nothing too bad, everyone wanted to
listen to us. The 1st person we talked to, within 100 feet of the CTM,
accepted the LDM and church. Great feeling, I really could feel the
Lord filling my mouth with portuguese. I had heard of that happening,
and it is absolutely amazing. I'd start sentences, not knowing what I'd
say, and at some times, I'd say something I didn't know what I was
saying. It was pretty dang cool.
And That's awesome to hear about NATE LANT!!! Brasilia! I think it was Nicole who guessed I was going to Sao Paulo. Maybe she guessed right for Nate? Oh my gosh that was crazy to hear, great ending to a letter!
That's also really awesome to hear about Trevor playing with the TOP Sax player! I remember when we saw him in Telluride, that was sweet.
Well, my time is now up, I wish I had more time to share everything, and next week, or the week after, I'll be emailing from the beautiful promised land of Maceio!!!
Ate Logo,
Elder Coon

No comments:
Post a Comment