Monday, November 5, 2012

Testimony Builder This Week


Well, this past week, 3 things stand out to me:  1st one was a big testimony builder for me.  We were invited by one of the members, Valdir, and his family, to come and eat lunch with them on Tuesday.  That, in and of itself, was a blessing!  Oh, I need to give a little bit of background first, Valdir (father of the home), has been without work, and really looking for work.  We began eating, and literally as soon as we finished eating, we put down our silverware, and a motorcycle began honking outside the house.  Valdir got up to see what it was, went outside, and a young man on a motorcycle told him that he would begin working with them starting the next week.  Valdir, one of our strong members in the ward, returned almost in tears that he gave lunch to the missionaries, and as a result, the Lord blessed him with work.  Wow!  That was a really strong testimony builder for me, and I really have a testimony of feeding the missionaries now, and the blessings it can bring, as it brought to Amulek when he fed Alma. 

Second thing that happened was just a little crazy thing that happened in the street.  Elder Santos and I were going on Sunday morning before church to try to get some of our investigators to come to church with us, and when we started up the big hill in Itaporanga, a car came down the hill, and a man threw a beer bottle at us, and it broke at our feet as I jumped over it.  I think he was aiming for some trash can, and missed horribly cuz he was so drunk, but, I can now say that I had a beer bottle thrown at me while on my mission.

Third big thing that happened this week is that yesterday (sunday), we went to Estância again for me to play the piano for the choir for the district conference on the 25th.  It ended up going so late, that we ended up staying the night in the Elders' home in Estância, and Im currently in a LANhouse here in Estância writing this email.  Well, I think that just about does it for this week, o dever me chama agora, tchau!

Question/answers this week:
How are the bugs there?   The bugs here are weird, they dont really care about repellant, but Im gonna try to find more here that works for them.
How do people react when they see you in the streets? (i.e., you're tall and white) Staring always
Can you fit in door frames, buses, etc.? Haha, good one.  Nope.
How good are your beds?  Lets just say that the first time I laid down on my bed, I broke one of the wooden things underneath it.  Yeah, theyre pretty dang bad.  And small.  Humbling though comes in many ways!

Um Grande Abraço,
Elder Coon

1 comment:

  1. Elder Coon,
    I don't know if you will see this, or if this is just updated by your parents from letters you send them, but I wanted you to know I've enjoyed this blog. You don't know me, but I live in Payson, Utah and I'm a father of twin sons that just received their mission calls with one of them going to Maceio, Brazil starting at the Brazil MTC on April 3, 2013. His brother is going to Portugal. As I was searching for information about Maceio, I came across a link to this blog. It's been interesting reading about your service and learning a little about the area my son will serve in. Who knows, the two of you might even end up serving together before you come home. Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for your efforts and I enjoy your blog as I get excited about my son's future missionary work. Take care and keep working hard. Trace Eddington

    ReplyDelete