Family and Friends,
Hello again! Well, this week, where do I start?
Hello again! Well, this week, where do I start?
New Years was nuts here, basically the whole night, the people listened to their music, blasting it from their car audio systems, from like 8pm on new years eve until about noon on new years day, without stopping, they basically were partying all night. But, on New Years Eve, Cicero, our ward mission leader, took us to the nice snack shop, Kascão, and bought us orange juice, and also a huge thing of ice cream. He is essentially the walking example of the widow's mite. He is so poor and humble, but loves the missionaries so much that he invited us to go with him to "somewhere", then he bought us basically the best snack you can get here. I cant even describe that guy in words, he is a fantastic example to us all.
We also found out something very sad this week- one of our good investigators, Vanessa, will not be able to be baptized for another 3 years. Let me explain why. She is wanting so, so badly to be baptized, its pretty crazy how excited she and Izabel are to be baptized. But, one time while we were teaching them this week, we finished the lesson, and were just basically chatting afterwards, perfect atmosphere and everything, and then just suddenly they dropped the bomb that Vanessa won't get baptized, as if it was nothing. Complete and utter silence. She then explained that it was because her father is not going to allow her to get baptized, since he is very, very Catholic. We've talked to him, its not going to happen without a miracle. The next time we taught them, we prepared an eloquent lesson on desire, testimony, and fasting. It could not have gone better, and they said they might be doing a fast this week, and Elder Denna and I have already done a few, including one this week for Vanessa's father. We just need a miracle to happen now. Another time after teaching them, they even took us out to ice cream afterwards, which was, of course, awesome :) Izabel will definitely get baptized this week, and, who knows, maybe Vanessa too!!!
Also, this week, Elder A... got emergency transferred, so now I am in another trio, with me, Elder D..., and Elder R... So far, I'm liking it, it took some getting used to, but I think I like it, Elder R.. is really funny and awesome too.
I'm not sure if you guys remember Edna, but she was traveling out of town, and will not be back until February, so I may not be able to teach her again if I get transferred, and if I don't get transferred, she returns like at the end of the next transfer, so maybe some other Elders will have a perfect chance to teach her once I leave.
This week, we also found out that a member has a Sam's Club card, and since there's a Sams Club like 10 minutes walking from our house, we went there and loaded up! I sent a picture earlier today with a black bag of Doritos, Peanut Butter, super good granola, and some other things that I found there!
We also had a very good zone meeting this week in Jacintinho. Elder Gage and Merichelli gave a fantastic training on the Book of Mormon and Desire. Each companionship had to leave the chapel, and place a book of mormon before returning to the chapel, which was an interesting thing, since it was basically the CTM all over again, but yeah that was pretty interesting. Also, they talked about our desires to serve. Everybody in our zone got up in front of the zone and basically bore their testimonies on their desires to serve a mission, which was awesome to see so much desire in everybody's eyes.
Lastly, we had an interesting fast and testimony meeting this past Sunday. Just about the whole ward bore their testimonies, and there was only one awkward silent moment, and then the Stake President got up, and yeah it was awesome to see basically an entire ward bear their testimonies.
Well, that just about does it for this week, until next week!
The picture is what all the cars are like. I wonder what they think 100% Jesus means...?
Love,

No comments:
Post a Comment