Monday, June 3, 2013

Work Goes On





This week, our investigators have kinda hit a wall, unfortunately.  It was a very hard week for them, as they have been trying desperately to get the document of divorce from a first marriage, but guess what we found out happened?? The cartório (document office) where he had all of his and her documents and such burned to the ground, along with all the documents.  Wow.  This must really be a test of faith and patience if nothing else, really that was crazy.  Now, he needs to get a record from São Paulo which may take a while, then still do something they call "dar entrada no casamento" which kinda means like marking a date for the forum to make them officially married, then get married and the Saturday after that they'll be baptized, finally!  We've been working with them for almost 3 months now, and they really are so special to me, and my companion.  That brings me very smoothly into my next thing I wanted to talk about, loving the people.

It really hit me hard this week how important it is to really love the people I'm serving, no matter where.   This week, I watched the Other Side of Heaven.  Other than being the first thing I've watched in English in such a long time, it was VERY TOUCHING.  Any RM or current missionary would have trouble holding back tears during that movie, really.  Especially at the end.  When the Elder Groberg was saying goodbyes, it reminded me of the goodbyes I've already had to give, and how the goodbyes in the end are going to be so, so hard.  I don't want to leave!  He really loved the people, and I'm starting to develop that love, and tears left my eyes, and I'm not one of those cryers, mom and dad you know that :) I really want to be a missionary like Elder Groberg, and really love the people as much as he did, serving them in the manner he served them.   That is one of the things that motivates me to get up every morning and put on the white shirt and tie and get to work, serving and putting myself into the work of love.  

This past Saturday, we also had the opportunity to go to a little town to do a "multidão" of visits, since there are a ton of less active members there that needed help, so there were about 20 people including the Elders from my area that went there to help out about 20 more people from the other area and the Sisters there.  We worked from about 8AM until Noon, after showing up at the chapel at 6:30 all ready to work.  While there, I got sick, and was sick on the ride back too.  When we showed up back at our chapel,  everyone said I looked so white (whiter than usual :)) and that all color had gone from my face.   We went home and I crashed in the bed.  However, I also learned a few great lessons from this.  1. to take care of your companion.  My companion took care of me so well, he called the pharmacy and got me medicine, he made me rice to eat, brought me water, was always asking me how I'm doing, and I felt like I was at home.  2. That the Lord takes care of his missionaries.  Sure, I was in bed for 2 days.  However, this sickness should have gone on for such a longer time, but only lasted 2 days, really only until I asked for a blessing, then the problems and fever stopped.  That's how the lord really blessed me this week.  

So grateful to be a missionary! :)

Wishing a wonderful week to all of you!

Abraçõõõõõõõõões e Amoooooooooor,
Elder Coon

No comments:

Post a Comment